Saturday 14 July 2007

Yesss!

Yeeah! I finally got my letter of appointment for the job at the National Council for Law Reporting. What a relief! I have been waiting to join those guys for ages.

I started work on Monday and so far its been good, most folks there are friendly and so charged with a sense of duty, its intoxicating. What's even better is that I'm there part time so I can always rush out for a coupla hours to do my own side shows. The place is so near town that I walk either to or from on most days.

What I like most about this joint is that they are so psyched up about I.T. that they are willing to try virtually anything that will help the organisation to run better. And who better that ME to hire, who LOVES to experiment and try out new stuff?

The network is pretty serious, with a mixed environment; windows machines, macs and even a couple of linux boxes (one of which I installed, but do I say?) More to come for sure, especially the one that I'll be using. The wonders I'll do on that machine, you just wait!

More on this later. As for today, I'm helping some pals move office so its all about literally shifting an entire network complete with wireless internet from one location to another. I might be here all day....well, at least they're going to pay me :)

No comments: