Tuesday 31 July 2007

routine

It's been two weeks or so at KLR and I am starting to get the hang of it. Work, that is. Whenever I sigh and settle down to do something 'I' want to do, someone raises their voice and it's "Mutindaaaa, please come. Something's wrong with my (take your pick) Internet Explorer/Mouse/Screen....". Those are the perks of my job. Getting summoned by all and sundry at the drop of a hat to solve any number of computer problems.

It's not always a bad thing, this having to solve end-user's minor problems. I get a chance to 'interview' all my 'clients' and in the process get told a lot of stuff which I normally wouldn't know. I just have to make sure that I don't turn the info into HOT gossip; it could land me in deep sewage. There's more I could say about this, but for the sake of national unity I'll shut my yap....until the coast is clear....

All in all, I'm enjoying myself. There are so many projects going on simultaneously and people are working feverishly (most of them at least) so there is rarely a dull moment here at The Council. That plus there are always 'freshers' I can bully; there seems to be a new one every week! If it continues this way, we'll have some people doing their work in the corridors or on the floor. Hm.

No comments: