Saturday 7 July 2012

Film star goes broke.

What I have I done lately? Let me start with the more exciting stuff. Two weekends ago I was at a video shoot. My lil bro and his pals were doing a pilot for some show they hope will air on telly and guess who was part of the cast? Yeah, ME! (ok, save your adoration for when I'm truly famous). I was acting as an MD giving awards at a ceremony...but do I brag? Got a chance to wear my first suit in years, and I must say I looked good! I'll post a picture for y'all to admire once they're published.

That shoot was an awesome experience I must say. A film set is such an exciting place...so many people milling about at once. The crew, makeup, wardrobe, extras and of course the main cast. The government and especially their almost non-functional body (Kenya Film Commission) need to do some serious promotion of our movie industry. An average film set employs quite a few people and we need more jobs right?

Especially for young folk. So much potential and only a limited number of avenues to exploit it.

July has been a tough month. People either have my money and aren't paying, or they're going for trips just when I was hoping to collect. Manze mwezi huu nimesota kweli! But it's all good. August will be fabulous...I can feel it!

No comments: